Looking for some of the most stunning Greek god names for bearded dragons?
You’re in luck because we’ve got you covered below!
From major gods & goddesses to their demigod kids, we chose 100 of the best ideas- split between males and females.
Read on for some of the most exotic names for bearded dragons inspired by Greek mythology.
Greek God Names for Bearded Dragons
1. Adonis: The name means “extremely handsome young man.”
2. Adrastos: A good name that means “strong and not likely to run off.”
3. Aeolus: It was the name of God of the wind.
4. Apollo: It implies “extremely attractive” in Greek mythology.
5. Ajax: Ajax was a fighter in Greek legend who is very gutsy, like your little pal.
6. Angelino: This name signifies “courier” or “courier of God.”
7. Annas: It signifies “sympathy of God.”
8. Argus: The word Argos means sparkling in Greek. Argos was the goliath in Greek folklore.
9. Aristaeus: This name implies “Greatness.”
10. Ariston: This name originated from the word aristos meaning “the best.”
11. Azarios: It means “God’s assistance” in the Hebrew language.
12. Brontes: This name means “booming,” which was one of the 3 Cyclops in Greek folklore.
13. Castor: He was the descendant of Zeus in Greek mythology.
14. Cepheus: The ruler of Aethiopia, his body was transformed into a heavenly body.
15. Cephalus: Someone who is a pioneer in something; it is a special name for your little one.
16. Chariton: The name Chariton signifies beauty, thoughtfulness in an individual.
17. Charon: This name is a majestic name signifying “furious splendor.”
18. Christopher: Having Greek roots, it translates to “carrier of Christ.”
19. Chryses: The name comes from the Greek word chrysos. This word signifies “brilliant.”
20. Daedalus: It was the title of an extremely famous Greek inventor.
21. Damocles: Popular for the ‘sword of Damocles’, it is a decent choice for your tiny dragon.
22. Gennadios: The meaning of this name is “someone respectable.”
23. Georgios: The name Georgios is used for somebody who has huge strength.
24. Hector: It is the name of a legendary Greek war in the battle of the Trojans.
25. Helios: The name Helios is used for the sun, but it also has an expressive and lively nature.
26. Hermes: In Greek folklore, Hermes is the name of the God of trade and travel.
27. Herodotos: The meaning of the name Herodotos is “a given Hero.”
28. Homer: It was the name of a popular poet in Greek culture.
29. Jonas: The name Jonas signifies the bird dove in the Greek language.
30. Judas: The name Judas signifies “he who is lauded.”
31. Koios: The name Koios is used for divine force of knowledge in Greek folklore.
32. Kosmos: This intriguing-sounding name signifies “magnificence.”
33. Kyros: Its meaning implies “like the sun.”
34. Leander: The meaning of the name Leander is “lion of a man.”
35. Linus: In Greek folklore, Linus was the name of the child of Apollo.
36. Lycus: The name Lycus comes from the Greek name Lykos, which signifies “wolf.”
37. Morpheus: In the Greek language, the name Morpheus means appearance or shape.
38. Nikolaos: The meaning of the name Nikolaos is “Triumph of the people.”
39. Okeanos: A Titan by the name of Okeanos represented the waters in Greek folklore.
40. Seth: The meaning of the name Seth is “amaze.”
41. Solon: It means wisdom, which is a splendid choice for your bearded dragon.
42. Spyro: The name Spyto means “soul.”
43. Stefanos: The meaning of the name Stefanos is “crown,” which makes it a great choice.
44. Thales: Thales means “bloom,” which can be a wonderful choice.
45. Thanos: The meaning of the name Thanos is “everlasting.”
46. Theodoros: This name makes for a beautiful choice. It means “Gift from God.”
47. Theron: Theron is a beautiful name, and it means “hunter.”
48. Zeus: Zeus is the name of the lord of thunder and skies in Greek folklore.
49. Zopyros: The meaning of the name Zopyros is “gleaming.”
50. Zotikos: The name Zotikos means “loaded with life.”
Greek Goddess Bearded Dragon Names
1. Alexandra: She is a protector and partner of humanity.
2. Alexa: It is a refined name that signifies “protecting men,” which makes for a unique choice.
3. Althaia: It comes from the Greek language, and it signifies “healing” or “rebuilding.”
4. Amaltheia: Having Latin and Greek roots, the name means “to soothe.”
5. Amara: It signifies “effortlessness” that sounds solid, up-to-date, and appealing.
6. Anastasia: It means “will resurrect or rise again.” The name has Greek roots.
7. Andromeda: A well-known Greek name, it refers to “a person who rules over men.”
8. Angelina: This delightful name signifies “A holy messenger or a courier of God.”
9. Aretha: This means “good and ethical, or incredible.”
10. Aphrodite: It is the name of the Greek goddess of beauty and love.
11. Ariana: This name means “very holy.”
12. Ariadne: It was the title of the Cretan goddess of richness in Greek folklore.
13. Athena: This strong choice of the name implies “Goddess Of Wisdom and War.”
14. Berenice: Having Greek roots, its meaning is victorious.
15. Calista: The meaning of this name is “the most excellent.”
16. Callie: The name Callie has Greek roots with the meaning of “wonderful.”
17. Calliope: Its Greek meaning is “a wonderful voice.”
18. Cassandra: Means “someone who sparkles among others.”
19. Cora: It is a simple and flawless name for your bearded dragon that means “lady.”
20. Cynthia: Cynthia is the title of the goddess of the moon in Greek mythicism.
21. Danae: It is a beautiful and unique Greek name choice meaning “brilliant” or “bright.”
22. Daphne: The meaning of the name Daphne is “water fairy.”
23. Demi: It is used by the Greek goddess of harvest and agriculture.
24. Dorothy: The meaning of the name Dorothy is “Endowment Of God.”
25. Eleanor: This name refers to a “carefree” being.
26. Elena: Just like Eleanor, this name also means “carefree.”
27. Ella: The meaning of the name Ella is “pretty and delightful.”
28. Evangeline: A lovely choice meaning “bringer of good news.”
29. Georgia: The meaning of the name Georgia is “Rancher.”
30. Helena: It is a beautiful name that means “delightful.”
31. Hera: Queen of the gods, her name means “Protectress.”
32. Ida: The meaning of the name Ida is “diligent.”
33. Iris: Iris is a beautiful name meaning “Bright or Rainbow.”
34. Jacinta: The meaning of the lovely name Jacinta is “Delightful.”
35. Katherine: A beautiful name choice for your bearded dragon. It means “pure.”
36. Khloe: Khloe was the name of the goddess of harvest and agriculture.
37. Lois: The meaning of the name Lois is “incredible.”
38. Margaret: The meaning of this beautiful name is “pearl.”
39. Maya: As per Greek mythology, this was the name of Hermes’ mother.
40. Melanie: Melanie means “beautiful and dark.”
41. Melissa: The meaning of the name Melissa is “bumblebee.”
42. Tune: The meaning of the name Tune is “melody.”
43. Myra: This popular name means “sweet-smelling oil.”
44. Nicole: The meaning of the name Nicole is “undefeated and successful.”
45. Nike: The name Nike was used for the goddess of triumph in Greek folklore.
46. Olympia: The Greek name Olympia is used for someone who is glorious.
47. Ophelia: This beautiful name means “wise and helpful.”
48. Penelope: The meaning of the name Penelope is “a weaver of string.”
49. Phile: The name means “to adore.” Phile has an extremely enchanting sound to it.
50. Phoebe: The name Phoebe is used to define “purity.”
I’m having such a hard time choosing my favorite Greek god names for bearded dragons, especially since I’m a huge mythology nerd.
For a girl, I’m thinking Hera, though. For a boy, I’ve always loved Morpheus!
What are your favorite greek god names for bearded dragons? Share with us below!
Ari is a passionate animal lovers. He loves finding quirky names for his guinea pig and bearded dragon