Guinea Pigs love to hide…
… and if they can do it in a cute little hide-out, it will be an awesome addition to the cage for both you and your little piggy.
Today, we’ve rounded up the best and cutest options out there which you can find below.
As always, we’ll be starting with our number 1 pick.
CHECK: Best Outdoor Guinea Pig Cages
Best Guinea Pig Hideout Top Picks at a Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Emours Small Animal Warmly House Cage
- Prevue Hendryx 1097 Nature’s Hideaway Grass Hut Toy
- SunGrow Rabbit Grass House
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
3 Best Guinea Pig Hideouts (With Reviews)
If you want a hide-out that can’t be consumed by your guinea pig and will prevent you from purchasing over and over again, then the Emours Warmly house cage is for you. It is made from soft and comfortable flannelette that you can wash to clean.
You can also take out just the bedding inside if you are not yet ready to wash the whole thing.
This hideout is best used during the winter season since the material used is quite warm and may overheat your pets especially if they have thick and long fur.
You can choose whether to put this on the floor or hang it on your pet’s cage to save some floor space. Either way, your guinea pigs will enjoy being inside of this because of its coziness and the privacy they will get.
|Measures 8”L x 10”W x 8”H|
|Made from high-quality flannelette|
|Inner bedding can be taken out to have it washed|
- Made of top grade high quality flannelette. Soft and comfortable
- Size: 20 x 25 x 20cm / 8 inch x 10 inch x 8 inch (L x W x H)
- Washable , clamp design ,and keep your pet warm in the cold winter
- Great for Chinchilla , Guinea pigs , Squirrel 0ther Similar Size Animals
- With bed mat, washable ,and it¡¯s easy for replacement .The cage bed is large enough for 2 little child chinchillas to live in
CHECK: Best Outdoor Guinea Pig Hutches
One of the most common materials used in making guinea pig hideouts are grass or plant materials.
The Prevue Hendryx 1097 is hand-made and from a 100% natural sisal tassel. Since this is made from plant material, it is totally safe if your pet chews it from time to time.
Hand-made products usually have differences in size and physical appearance. A lot of pig owners say that when they receive their order, it looks completely different than what is in the picture.
In addition, since this is a natural material and tends to decay over time, expect that there will also be a difference in its aroma especially if the item you get has been out in the market for some time.
The standard size of this hideout is 11”L x 9”W x 6”H – good enough for two guinea pigs. The great thing about this product is it has 2 entryways so they can both stick their heads out.
|Measures 11”L x 9”W x 6”H|
|Made from 100% natural raw materials|
|Safe to eat|
- Hand-woven grass activity center for your small pet
- Satisfies natural instincts to burrow, explore and nest
- 100-percent all natural sisal tassel
- Ideal for a chinchilla or guinea pig
- 11-inch Long, 9-inch Wide and 6-inch High
- Age range description: all stages
Like the Prevue Hendryx 1097, this one is also hand-woven and made from natural raw materials. It is edible and completely safe for your pet to snack on. Since they are hand-made, expect that there will be a slight difference in the size and appearance.
This hideout is foldable for easy storage or if you want to use it as just a mat. However, we don’t really see that feature useful.
Hideouts are made so that your pet can go inside anytime if they want to have privacy. Therefore, storing it is not recommended.
Two guinea pigs can fit inside comfortably. There are 2 entryways, one which is circular in shape and the other is arc-shaped.
I did mention that this is made from natural materials and is completely edible, right? Obviously, your guinea pig will have a bite on this product and will eventually consume all of it. In my opinion, it is quite expensive just to be eaten.
|Measures 11.8L x 7.8W x9H|
|Made from natural raw materials and is edible|
|Foldable for easy storage|
- PROTECT BUNNY’S PAWS FROM WIRE CAGES --- SunGrow Folding Woven Grass House is durable. The Grass House protects your feline’s sensitive paws from wire cage bottoms as they move or hop inside. The hand-woven grass hideaway serves as a great activity center for your guinea pig, chinchilla or holland lop.
- NOT JUST A GRASS HOUSE --- The stackable and ergonomic design of SunGrow Folding Woven Grass Pet House helps in conserving shelf space. When you fold it, you may use it as their mat as well. Apart from using it as a house and a mat, you can use it for a Treasure Hunt game for your pet. Just hide small treats in-between so that your pet spends time in exploring and foraging.
- ENCOURAGES NIBBLING & GNAWING --- The fantastic 11.8 x 7.8 x 8.2 inches, hand-woven Grass House by SunGrow provides utmost comfort, sense of security and warmth to your pocket pet. The grass texture provides relaxation to your adorable pet. It is a great house that serves exceptionally well for playing and exercising and making it an incredible nibbling or gnawing toy.
- SATISFIES INSTINCTS TO EXPLORE, BURROW, AND NEST --- Bring home the SunGrow Folding Woven Grass House for your furry friend. It is a fantastic square nesting product for your little feline who would love to chew, rest or nest in. The grass house adds a fun flavor to your entertainment time with your bunny.
- ENCOURAGES POSITIVE CHEWING BEHAVIOR --- Since bunnies require something to chew on, this house satisfies their urge to chew. In the wild, they get so many things to remain active and rub their teeth on to restrict them from overgrowing. But as a pet owner, providing them a product that keeps their teeth trimmed and healthy is necessary. SunGrow Grass Mat does just that.
Which one is your favorite guinea pig hideout? Let us know in the comments below!
Alina Hartley is a small-town girl with a ginormous love of bearded dragons. It all started with Winchester, a baby bearded who was abandoned at the shelter by his former owners because of a birth defect that caused one front leg to be shorter than the other. Alina originally went to the shelter looking for a guinea pig, but one look at Winchester and it was love at first sight. From that day on, Alina has dedicated her life to learning everything she can about bearded dragons. She loves helping new beardie parents start their incredible journey with these magnificent reptiles.
Follow her on:
Read her latest articles HERE
Learn more about her HERE.