Are you looking for the best outdoor guinea pig hutches?
Finding the perfect one is essential to protecting these animals outdoors.
Let’s look at a few of my favorites to give you an idea about what’s on the market.
I’ll help you find a high-quality hutch to keep your guinea pigs safer outside.
Read our full guide: Cage Divider for Guinea Pigs
Our Top Pick
Check out the table for a quick overview of these hutches, then read on for more details!
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
If you don’t have the time to read all our reviews, I’d recommend picking GUTINNEEN’s Outdoor Guinea Pig Hutch.
It’s fully equipped to function as a perfect outdoor home for your guinea pigs.
5 Best Outdoor Guinea Pig Hutches
Owners looking for a hutch to keep one or two guinea pigs comfortable should consider Aivituvin’s Outdoor Guinea Pig Hutch.
Its durable construction consisting of fir wood/wire mesh and a waterproof asphalt roof can more than keep them safe.
The built-in ramp and two-floor design will also ensure there’s a ton of room to explore.
- Two size options: 51.6 x 25.2 x 36.2 inches and 103.2 x 25.2 x 36.2 inches
- Built-in ramp
- Two floors
- Pull-out tray
- Construction made for fir wood and galvanized wire mesh
- Waterproof asphalt roof
- Durable construction
- Easy to assemble
- Simple to clean
- Perfect space for up to two guinea pigs
- Some customer service issues
- Leakproof tray doesn’t always fit right
|Durable construction||Some customer service issues|
|Non-toxic||Tray doesn’t always fit just right|
|Easy to assemble|
|Simple to clean|
|Perfect space for up to two guinea pigs|
This option won’t only make your guinea pig’s lives better, but yours too.
The pull-out tray and easy-to-assemble design will make sure this becomes one of the more convenient options available.
I only wish there wasn’t a few reports of customer service issues within its product reviews.
Another customer also complained of the tray not quite fitting right, so they had to use screws to hold it in place.
But these weren’t overly damaging and seemed like isolated cases, which means you should be more than confident in buying this hutch.
- ★ Guinea pig cage upgrade with thicker plastic removable pull out upper tray, easy to clean! Never go moldy
- ★ Design with opening up door, opening front doors, make it easier to interact with your bunny, and clean the hutch.and makes clean easy OTHERS: No door at all !
- ★ Waterproof Asphalt roof guinea pig habitat perfect for 1-2 bunnies, ferret, hamster, and any other small animals,no weight limit,suitable for outdoor and indoor use.
- ★Bunny cage made of solid fir wood and heavy-duty galvanized wire mesh, waterproof natural non-toxic to animals.
- ★Easy to assemble follow the instruction manual. Pre-drill screw holes!
This brand put every feature a guinea pig owner could want into GUTINNEEN’s Outdoor Guinea Pig Hutch.
It comes with a built-in ramp, six wheels for easy movement, and a spacious two-story design.
I didn’t even mention its simple assembly, waterproof asphalt roof, or multiple doors for easy pet access.
Honestly, I can’t think of a single thing this outdoor hutch doesn’t provide that I would want.
- 61.2 x 22.6 x 33.5 inches
- Two stories
- Built-in ramp
- Equipped with six wheels
- Made of solid fir wood
- Waterproof asphalt roof
- Removable pull out tray
- Easy to move
- Big enough for two cavies
- Use indoors as well as outside
- Easy to put together
- Multiple doors for easy pet access
- Not totally chew proof
- Some complaints about damaged pieces
|Easy to move||Expensive|
|Suitable for up to two guinea pigs||Not chew proof|
|Usable indoors or outdoors||Some complaints about damaged pieces|
|Simple to assemble|
|Multiple doors for easy pet access|
Your guinea pigs will love this hutch’s built-ramp and spacious design for quelling their curiosity.
I can envision them running up/down both stories and having an absolute ball.
However, these excellent features do come with a slight concern, a high price. Owners interested in this outdoor hutch will have to pay a sizable amount for its services.
But I’m confident most people would end up feeling like its rather staggering quality was worth the investment.
- 【No Leak Plastic Tray】Bunny cage upgrade with thicker plastic no leak removable pull out tray from back and front,easy to clean !Never go mouldy. Product Dimension:61.2"L x 22.6"W x 33.5"H
- 【On Wheels】Rabbit house on 6 wheels easily to move.2 of them are locking wheel to fix well and safe,exclusive latches for longer usage
- 【Indoor & Outdoor Use】Waterproof Asphalt roof large guinea pig habitat perfect for 1-2 bunnys,ferret,hamster and any other small animals outdoor and indoor use,no weight limit.
- 【Multi Doors】Design with large open roof of run,3 access door on running area and slepping area for easy catching your pets from every sides.
- 【Easy Assemble】Bunny house added chewing toy and metal feeder as a special gifts.Pre-drill screw holes, easy to set up! Made of 100% Solid Fir Wood.
Anyone looking for a hutch to keep their one guinea pig protected outdoors needs to consider Aoxun’s Guinea Pig Hutch.
Buyers will love its easily opened top cover, which allows for easy feeding and other activities.
Your guinea pig will also adore its second-level nesting area as it’ll provide them with optimal comfort.
But the real standout trait had to be its pre-drilled holes that ensure a simple assembly process.
- 37 x 33 x 46 inches
- Two levels
- Constructed from fir wood and painted with waterproof paint
- Wire door
- Asphalt roof
- Pre-drilled holes
- Easily opened top cover
- Removable pull out tray
- Comfortable, warm nesting box
- Assembled with only a few steps
- Proven effective against water based issues
- Durable, strong wood material
- Wood has a strong odor (not chemical or toxic, just strong)
- Some say it comes apart when you move it around
- One customer said the ladder placement confused her pet.
|Comfortable, warm nesting box||Strong odor in the wood|
|Assembled with only a few steps||Comes apart when moving|
|Proven effective against water based issues||Ladder placement is weird|
|Durable, strong wood material|
Hutches don’t get much more equipped than this one to handle a guinea pig’s needs. Its hard to find a single person with a bad thing to say about this hutch from Aoxun.
Its only major issue seems to stem from the wood material having a strong odor.
But this attribute shouldn’t be much of a problem considering you intend to use it outdoors.
Another customer did say that it came apart when they moved it around, and one pointed out that the ladder is oddly placed.
Overall, though, it has stellar reviews and will fit your needs nicely.
Good Life’s Wooden Outdoor Indoor Guinea Pig Hutch has proven to keep a guinea safe and secure from those looking to eat them.
It offers this security with its high-quality grid fences and outstanding fir wood construction.
No fox or coyote will be able to get into this hutch with these aspects at work.
- 62 x 21.0 x 37.0 inches
- Built with high-quality fir wood
- Grid fences
- Non-toxic, waterproof varnish
- Equipped with a sliding door and built-in ramp
- Timber ridges to prevent slippage on the ramp
- Pitched roof
- Suitable for multiple guinea pigs (up to 3)
- User-friendly construction for cleaning and other chores
- Great ventilation
- Stylish design
- Packing issues
- Hard to clean
- It’s a bit dark inside, so you may need to add a light.
|Suitable for multiple guinea pigs (up to 3)||Packaging issues|
|User-friendly construction for cleaning and other chores||Hard to clean|
Aside from its protective qualities, the hutch’s massive living area was another attractive aspect.
You could comfortably fit up to three guinea pigs within it without any trouble.
But it’s worth noting a few buyers did experience packaging issues with this option.
In these cases, the hutch arrived missing pieces, which were problems quickly handled by Good Life’s excellent customer service.
Another customer pointed out that it’s rather dark inside, too. So you may need to add a small light.
- Upgraded to plastic tray. This rabbit cage suitable for 2-3 rabbits or 3-4 Guinea pig or like size animal.
- Overall Size: Exterior :62"(L) x 21.0"(W) x 37.0"(H) / Upper House size: 27.5"Lx18"x20.5"H / Stairsdoor size:7"Wx6"H
- Sturdy Construction & Weatherproof: Constructed by premium natural fir wood and painted with eco-friendly waterproof non-toxic varnish. The original wood is firm and natural for your beloved pet.
- Spacious Space & User-friendly Design: This 62" Guinea Pig Condo There is sliding door and ramp allows Pet to easily enter the raised housing area. There are timber ridges above the ramp to protects your Pet from slipping back. With the design of grid door you can watch your pets without disturbing.
- Removable tray & Grid Fences: There is removable bottom sliding tray for easy cleaning. High quality grid fences provide a healthy poultry lifestyle. With the pitched roof your poultry can run outside even in rainy days. The fences are vital to the ventilation of poultry, they will also protect your poultry from the outside predators.
Also check: 5 BEST GUINEA PIG WOODEN HUTCHES & CAGES
Our final product, Sandinrayli’s 2-Tier Outdoor Wooden Pet Hutch, features a beautiful design and many top-tier features.
This adorable design can come in green or orange, which should appeal to most buyers.
It’s also one of the most affordable, high-quality options available.
You don’t often see hutches with asphalt roofs, two-level designs, and a comfortable resting area for a bargain like this one.
- Two-level design
- 58 x 21.2 x 33.6 inches
- Two-color options: green and orange
- Ventilated mesh door on upper nesting room
- Garbled asphalt roof
- Utilizes tight, secure galvanized mesh
- Removable bottom tray
- Slide-bolt latches on its three mesh doors
- Made with 100% real fir wood construction
- Large enough for two guinea pigs
- Easy to clean
- Usable indoors or outdoors
- Easy for cavies to move around in
- Assembly issues, mostly due to poor instructions
- No bottom
|Big enough for two||Instructions are unclear|
|100% real fir wood construction||Pricey|
|Easy to clean||No bottom|
|Usable indoors or outdoors|
|Easy for cavies to move around in|
Everything about this hutch should appeal greatly to a guinea pig owner.
It’s room, has a great layout, and looks nice, too!
I do have to warn you about one issue, though. Beginners seem to have problems assembling this hutch, which could be an issue for specific buyers.
- 2 STORIES OF SPACE: This spacious rabbit hutch features a main room built for living and sleeping, a side patio for playing, and a bottom floor for running around. A trough inside the main room makes feeding a breeze. Suitable for 2 small to medium-sized rabbits.
- MADE WITH REAL WOOD: This rabbit hutch outdoor has a sturdy fir wood frame and is very natural-looking while keeping your pets away from other animals.
- WITHSTAND THE ELEMENTS: The roof of this bunny hutch has a material that helps fight UV and water deterioration, meaning your little buddies are protected from light weather conditions.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Cleaning up after pets isn't fun: That's why we made it easy. This guinea pig cage comes with a removable tray in the main room, making tidying up quick and straightforward, along with an openable hinged roof so you can reach in easily.
- BUILT FOR ALL YOUR SMALL FRIENDS: While primarily a bunny hutch, this friendly rabbit house is perfect for all types of small animals. Help your rabbits, bunnies, guinea pigs, and other small animals enjoy their own space. NOTE: Buyer to determine the number of pets that fit in the hutch depending on breed and size.
Also Check: Best Outdoor Guinea Pig Cages
How do you choose an outdoor guinea pig hutch?
Certain factors will play a massive role in what outdoor guinea pig hutch can fit your particular needs.
I’m going to discuss several of them below, making this entire process much more manageable.
Selecting the right size is one of the first things an owner needs to think about when searching through options.
Your chosen hutch needs to have enough space for food, water, exercise, nesting, and bathroom areas.
Experts recommend a hutch be no smaller than 30 inches by 36 inches for a single guinea pig.
Meanwhile, people with two will need a larger option of at least 30 inches by 50 inches.
The more space possible for nesting, climbing, and exercising is always better for a guinea pig.
Owners can never have too large an outdoor hutch when it comes to these pets.
More extensive options even offer owners benefits by making their cleaning and other guinea pig-related tasks easier.
A hutch’s main enemy happens to be water, as it can cause all sorts of structural and other issues.
For instance, water getting onto a guinea pig’s bedding could result in bacterial build-ups that cause diseases.
One easy way to avoid these potential problems is by buying a weatherproof outdoor hutch.
If you don’t have a hutch with these capabilities, it’ll be disastrous.
Your guinea pigs and bedding will not be comfortable inside a wet environment: it’s a recipe for disaster.
It would be best if you also looked for hutches with UV protection (sun protection). Guinea pigs will need to stay away from direct sunlight as they’re prone to overheating because they don’t sweat.
Your chosen hutch will need to provide a certain level of durability. These hutches will need to last a long time if you’re looking for a cost-effective purchase.
It’s a realization that makes it necessary to research each choice’s building materials.
You can then quickly determine what option will last a long time or break down quickly.
If you’re looking for the most durable, hutches made from treated wood often last a longer time than others.
But these choices will come with a higher price point. Cheaper alternatives would be options made from durable, high-quality plastic.
Another thing to consider is the roof’s reliability and design material. Hutch roofs made from asphalt tend to last much longer than the alternatives.
Customer reviews can also help you determine what hutches are long-lasting.
Nothing makes pet owners angrier than an enclosure that doesn’t stand the test of time.
These hutches will come with different types of trays. It’s a pivotal addition because they can provide the guinea pigs’ area to relax during their time inside the hutch.
I’m always going to recommend going with removable trays because they come with several excellent benefits.
As an example, it makes the cleaning process much easier because you can take them out.
Hutches without removable trays make cleaning them a much more time-consuming and tricky task.
Honestly, removable trays are a lifesaver for anyone looking to keep their guinea pigs outdoors.
Sadly, there’s a long list of animals that would love to make your guinea pig their next meal: cats, hawks, owls, coyotes, and foxes.
A high-quality outdoor hutch will offer significant protection against these would-be predators.
These options will contain built-in defenses against the predators that would try to eat your guinea pig.
It’s another area where reading through customer reviews can help a lot for a prospective buyer.
These resources will help you choose an option with a known reputation for being effective in its protection.
It’ll help you avoid waking up and finding your pets missing. I couldn’t even imagine going through this nightmare.
Make sure your chosen hutch doesn’t have any short, metal edges that could hurt your guinea pig.
Another element necessary to keeping your guinea pig safe would be sturdy, lockable doors. It’s one of the easiest ways to ensure your guinea pigs remain safe and secure.
Please do significant research into the durability of locks, as well. You never know when someone might try to steal your guinea pig from its enclosure.
Owners must buy options with a simple assembly process. Otherwise, this entire process will soon become an extremely stressful and time-consuming nightmare.
Honestly, I’d suggest buying an outdoor hutch that comes fully assembled to avoid these issues altogether. Some high-quality options do offer this feature to people willing to pay a little extra.
As with any product, hutches are available for a wide range of price points. It can make choosing the right one rather daunting without a reliable, well-constructed budget.
But it’s essential to build the budget around your specific wants and needs when choosing these products. This action will help keep it a realistic and usable resource.
For instance, a person looking for a hutch made for two guinea pigs needs to know it’ll cost more than an option suitable for one.
Their budget will need to reflect this reality to ensure you’re purchasing an acceptable model.
Other considerations that could raise a hutch’s price are extra floors, design materials (wood is more expensive), ramps, and other additional features.
Can guinea pigs live in a hutch outside?
Many prospective guinea pig owners are shocked to learn a lot of these creatures love living outside in hutches.
Of course, these animals are contained in these safe, enclosed housing areas, but they still love their time outdoors.
If you’re considering keeping them outdoors, there are a few safety precautions to consider.
First, outdoor guinea pigs will need an environment that has a mild climate all-year-round.
If you don’t live in these areas, another option would be getting a more equipped, insulated hutch to offer protection.
Remember any temperature below 60 degrees F and above 80 degrees F is considered life-threatening for these animals.
These temperatures are guidelines rather than absolutes.
In other words, owners will need to consider temperatures close to these ranges as a way to ensure their overall comfort.
Also, set aside an area within your home for guinea pigs to serve as a backup plan when extreme weather hits.
Mother nature is unpredictable, and it’s always a good idea to be prepared.
People who can offer their guinea pigs a safe outdoor location with a suitable shelter should have no problem keeping them outside.
But this shelter must protect them from predators and keep them cool or warm enough during those particular times in the year.
Can guinea pigs stay outside all winter?
If you live in a place with freezing winters, guinea pigs can’t stay outdoors unprotected during those months.
But these animals are known for tolerating some cold temperatures when the right measures are put into place.
An excellent start would be investing in a hutch with great insulation and top-notch bedding.
These hutches will give them the protection needed to stay warm and comfortable all winter long.
You should also make sure this hutch is watertight. It’s an essential aspect because it’ll help prevent water from coming into and becoming ice.
Obviously, ice isn’t something that should ever form inside these hutches. But a weatherproof hutch will keep your guinea pig safe and sound on even the coldest days.
Placement of the hutch is another essential quality to consider when keeping these animals outside all winter.
It needs to be within an area that won’t allow sleet or snow into your guinea pig’s living space.
Their sleeping areas should be kept off the ground, as well. It’ll help keep it insulated from those cold temperatures outside and prevents would-be predators from burrowing into the living area.
Owners who can follow these precautions should have no problem keeping their guinea pigs outside.
But if you can’t, please find a suitable indoor housing area for them.
Should you keep guinea pigs inside or outside?
As I mentioned earlier, people have had success keeping their guinea pigs inside and outside.
Both options work for specific owners based on the pros and cons provided by each situation.
I’ll discuss both sides for outdoors and indoors below to ensure you know what option is best.
Let’s begin with indoor guinea pigs and see whether it’s realistic for your circumstances.
Indoor Guinea Pigs
- Complete protection from outdoor elements and weather
- Provides control over the temperature within their living area
- It keeps outdoor predators from being an issue
- You’ll always have the ability to check on them because they’re within your home.
- Owners can help them become more social easier with an indoor setup.
- Sounds inside the living area are more audible since the guinea pigs are near you.
- Indoor guinea pigs are prone to getting less than sufficient exercise (cages are often smaller than what you’d get with an outdoor hutch)
- Guinea pig cages within your home will begin to smell when they need a cleaning. You’ll need to be fine with having an occasional awful scent indoors.
- Guinea pigs have a habit of running and hiding under furniture when out and about within your home. It isn’t easy to find them and get them out from these places.
- Loud noises inside your home can be off-putting to guinea pigs as they aren’t great with any commotion.
- Other indoor pets like dogs or cats capable of getting close to the cage can stress them out.
Outdoor Guinea Pigs
- Guinea pigs will have continuous sunlight and fresh air access
- You won’t be awoken by their nocturnal habits, such as snacking during those later hours.
- Your other pets won’t cause them any stress or frighten them
- Outdoor enclosures and hutches will have a lot more space inside them for exercising purposes
- No nasty smells will enter your home from a ripe, unclean cage
- Loud, chaotic noises will be less of an issue inside this more calming, outdoor environment.
- It gives them more areas to explore, which meshes well with their curious natures.
- Outdoor predators will have more of a chance at reaching your guinea pigs if their enclosures are unsecured.
- Guinea pigs are sensitive to extreme temperature, whether it’d be cold or hot. Certain places where there are wild swings in temperature might represent an unsafe risk.
- These animals are prone to becoming depressed or lonely when left alone for extended periods. Owners will have to visit them throughout the day to keep them happy or get them another guinea pig.
- You’ll be leaving them unsupervised for long periods, which means you might not notice a bad smell, injury, or illness warning signs.
I hope these discussions on outdoor guinea pet hutches answered all your questions.
But if you have any more, feel free to leave a post in our comment section. Thanks for reading!
What are your favorite outdoor guinea pig hutches? share with us below!
My name is Ben Roberts, and I absolutely love animals. So, naturally, I love writing about them too! As far as my animals, I have a Pit-bull, a Beagle-lab mix, a Chihuahua, and one old cat. Each one of them provides me with a new adventure every day. And the best part is they’re all best friends. Well, except the cat when he gets a little annoyed.
FIND HIM ON: FACEBOOK and TWITTER.
Read his latest ARTICLES
Learn more about Benhere