If you’re looking for some great names for your guinea pig, you’re going to love our list!
We’ve come up with a whopping 100 ideas based on everything from fur color to guinea pigs in fiction.
Plus, to make it easy, we broke it down into categories.
So, dive in and discover the perfect moniker for your new pet guinea pig!
MALE NAMES INSPIRED BY GUINEA PIGS IN FICTION
We’ve listed the book title and author next to each name for you, in case you want to check it out.
- Elton– Brianna Gets a Guinea Pig, by Georgia Ball.
- Gullible– Gullible’s Troubles, by Margaret Shannon.
- Little Whistle– Little Whistle Book Series (4 books), by Cynthia Rylant.
- Piggy Handsome– Piggy Handsome and Piggy Hero, by Pip Jones.
- Sammy– Sammy: The Classroom Guinea Pig, by Alix Berenzy.
- Titch- Bruno and Titch, by Sheena Dempsey.
- Tuppenny-The Fairy Caravan, by Beatrix Potter.
FEMALE NAMES INSPIRED BY GUINEA PIGS IN FICTION
- Countess Pigula– Adventures of Countess Pigula by Karen J. Freysinger.
- Guinea Dog– Guinea Dog Book Series (3 books), by Patrick Jennings.
- Lady Elizabeth– A Guinea Pig Pride & Prejudice, by Alex Goodwin.
- Nutmeg– Nutmeg the Guinea Pig, by Jane Clarke.
- Philomena– Philomena’s New Glasses, by Brenna Maloney.
- Piggie Wiggie– Piggie Wiggie’s Great Adventure, by M.J. Daley-Prado.
- Sasspants– Pet Shop Private Eye Book Series (5 books), by Colleen A.F. Venable.
GUINEA PIG NAMES INSPIRED BY MOVIES FILMED IN SOUTH AMERICA
Despite their names, guinea pigs are not native to Guinea and they are not part of the pig family.
Guinea pigs originated, as early as 5000 BC., in the Andes Mountains region of South America.
So, in honor of their heritage, here are some names for your guinea pig inspired by movies that were filmed or took place in South America.
Male Movie Names for your Guinea Pig
- Adolf– Main character in the 2018 historical drama movie- Operation Finale.
- Alphonse- After Alphonse Simms in Moon Over Parador.
- Arthur– Arthur Bishop from Mechanic: Resurrection.
- Barney– Barney Ross from The Expendables.
- Blackthorn– James Blackthorn, AKA Butch Cassidy from the western, Blackthorn.
- Bond– James Bond from, well, every James Bond movie ever!
- Evan– Evan Webber from the creepy movie, Knock Knock.
- Mario– Mario Sepulveda in The 33
- Sonny– Sonny Crockett in the Miami Vice movie.
Female Movie Names for your Guinea Pig
- Alice– Alice Kerr in the espionage, thriller movie- Mile 22.
- Carmen– Carmen Cortez from the Spy Kids series.
- Eva– Eva Peron, AKA Evita from the movie Evita.
- Isabella– Isabella Oliveira in Woman on Top.
- Leandra– Leandra Florez from The Belko Experiment.
- Leni– Leni Lamaison, AKA The Spider Woman from Kiss of the Spider Woman.
- Louise- Louise Marcus from the Highlander movie franchise.
- Terri- Terri Flores from the horror movie, Anaconda.
MALE NAMES BASED ON COMMON FUR COLORS
- Angus– Angus cattle is solid-black Scottish breed of cattle.
- Batman– The fictional superhero, AKA Bruce Wayne.
- Blackbeard– One of history’s most famous and most menacing pirates.
- Darth– Darth Vader is the powerful Jedi from the Star Wars franchise.
- Inky– A word that means “as dark as ink.”
- Jet– Jet black is a very dark shade of black
- Midnight– The middle of the night
- Ninja– They often wear all black!
- Panther– A dark color variant of either a jaguar or a leopard.
- Soot- Like the dark ashy stuff in your fireplace.
- Zorro– He dresses entirely in black, complete with cape and mask.
- Butterfinger– Like the candy bar!
- Butterscotch– Great for a light-brown guinea pig.
- Cappuccino– An Italian espresso-based coffee drink.
- Chestnut– A medium, reddish shade of brown.
- Fudge– A dark, neutral, ginger brown color.
- Hershey– After one of the world’s largest chocolate manufacturers.
- Mocha– A mocha drink is a chocolate-flavored version of a latte.
- Molasses– A dark, shaded, brown sugar shade of brown.
- Pumpernickel– Pumpernickel bread is a heavy, sweet type of rye bread.
- Teddy– Like a soft, brown, snuggly teddy bear.
- Whiskey– A type of alcohol that is medium to dark brown in color.
- Anjo– From Portuguese origin, meaning “angel.”
- Birch– Like the white tree!
- Blanco– From Spanish origin, meaning “white.”
- Casper– Like the famous Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- Cloud– Pretty self-explanatory
- Coconut– A sweet, white fruit.
- Comet– As in the celestial body moving about the sun
- Cotton Ball- A small, soft, ball of cotton fibers.
- Horchata– A Latin American drink that looks like milk.
- Marshmallow– Need we say more?
- Polar– Like the North Pole or a polar bear.
- Snowball– A round ball made entirely of snow.
FEMALE NAMES BASED ON COMMON FUR COLORS
- Black Widow– The most venomous spider in North America.
- Coven– A group or a gathering of witches.
- Dahlia– After the Black Dahlia
- Ebony– A very dark brown color with brown or olive undertones.
- Elvira– AKA the Mistress of the Dark.
- Jetta– From Latin origin, meaning “jet black.”
- Licorice– Like the candy
- Luna– From Latin origin, meaning “moon.”
- Mamba– As in the black mamba, a highly venomous snake
- Nimbus– Very dark clouds that are usually associated with storms.
- Raven– A glossy, black bird.
- Acorn– A deep, nutty brown color.
- Amaretto– A sweet Italian liqueur that features an almond flavor.
- Brownie– Like the tasty treat!
- Caramel– A color that ranges from amber to dark brown.
- Chocolate– A dark brown color that resembles milk chocolate.
- Cinnamon– A warm, medium shade of brown.
- Cocoa-I think you know what this one is!
- Espresso– A strong coffee.
- Fawn– A light, yellowish, tan color.
- Maple– A dark, reddish brown color.
- Nutella– A sweetened, hazelnut cocoa spread.
- Tawny– A light brown to brownish-orange color.
- Alaska– One of North America’s coldest states,
- Artemis– The Greek goddess of the moon.
- Aspen– A popular ski resort town located in Colorado.
- Blanca– From Spanish origin, meaning “white.”
- Dove– A white bird that symbolizes love, peace and purity.
- Jasmine– A fragrant, white flower.
- Lily– A white flower that features sweetly scented, bell-shaped petals.
- Pearl– Like the jewel.
- Snowflake– A flake or a crystal of snow that falls from the sky.
- Sugar– No explanation needed!
- Vanilla– A flavoring that comes from the orchids of the genus Vanilla.
What are your favorite names for your guinea pig? Share below!
Nicole Etolen is a freelance writer, blogger, and editor of PetsVills.com. She currently has two cats and a dog, both of which lived in harmony with her two guinea pigs for years.