Looking for some cute names for black and long-haired guinea pigs?
You’ll love our list!
Below, check out with 108 brilliant ideas for your new black Peruvian cavy.
Many of these names are also perfect for other long-haired guinea pig breeds, like the Alpaca or Coronet.
Check: 80 Interesting Blonde Guinea Pig Names
108 NAMES FOR BLACK AND LONG-HAIRED GUINEA PIGS
Since not all black guinea pigs have long hair- and not all piggies with long hair are black- we broke our list down into sections for you to make your search easier.
12 Male Names That Mean Black or Dark
- Caliban– Romanian origin meaning “black.”
- Ciaran– Irish origin meaning “little dark one.”
- Dargan– Irish origin meaning “black haired.”
- Dooley– Irish origin meaning “dark hero.”
- Dougal– Scottish origin meaning “dark stranger.”
- Duncan– Scottish origin meaning “dark warrior.”
- Hadrian– Latin origin meaning “dark haired.”
- Keir– Irish origin meaning “dark, black.”
- Lonan– Irish origin meaning “blackbird.”
- Perran– Cornish origin meaning “little dark one.”
- Shyam– Sanskrit origin meaning “dark, black, blue.”
- Tynan– Irish origin meaning “dark, dusty.”
12 Female NAMES THAT MEAN BLACK OR DARK
- Blakesley– English origin meaning “dark wolf’s wood or clearing.”
- Brangwen– Welsh origin meaning “dark and pure.”
- Charna– Yiddish origin meaning “dark, black.”
- Corvina– Latin origin meaning “like a raven.”
- Devaki– Indian origin meaning “black.”
- Krishna– Sanskrit origin meaning “dark, black.”
- Maroochy– Aboriginal Australian origin meaning “black swan.”
- Maurelle– French origin meaning “dark, elfin.”
- Melantha– Greek origin meaning “dark flower.”
- Merel– Dutch origin meaning “blackbird.”
- Morrisa– English origin meaning “dark one.”
- Tamala– African origin meaning “dark tree.”
Related: Orange Guinea Pig Names
10 Male Names That Mean Night
- Aibek– Turkish origin meaning “master of the moon.”
- Budde– African origin meaning “night.”
- Gau– Basque origin meaning “night.”
- Manu– Polynesian origin meaning “bird of the night.”
- Nishant– Indian origin meaning “the end of the night.”
- Orpheus– Greek origin meaning “the darkness of the night.”
- Otieno– African origin meaning “born at night.”
- Ponui– Polynesian origin meaning “the great night.”
- Rajnish– Indian origin meaning “lord of the night.”
- Yiska– Native American origin meaning “the night has passed.”
10 FemALE NAMES THAT MEAN NIGHT
- Amaya– Japanese origin meaning “night rain.”
- Hesper– Greek origin meaning “evening or evening star.”
- Isra– Arabic origin meaning “journey of the night.”
- Jemisha– Hindi origin meaning “queen of the night.”
- Lilith– Babylonian origin meaning “belonging to the night.”
- Miyako– Japanese origin meaning “beautiful night child.”
- Nisha– Hindi origin meaning “night.”
- Nox– Latin origin meaning “night.”
- Rajani– Sanskrit origin meaning “of the night.”
- Shirina– Hindi origin meaning “night.”
16 MALE NAMES Inspired by Fictional Characters With Long Hair
- Alf- Smart-mouthed creature from the 1980s television series- Alf.
- Aquaman– Heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, from DC Comics.
- Aragorn– One of the main protagonists of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Chewbacca– legendary Wookiee warrior and Han Solo’s co-pilot.
- Cousin Itt– the very hair guy on The Addams Family.
- Hagrid– English half-giant, a half-human wizard from the Harry Potter movies.
- Jack Sparrow– Legendary pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
- Jon Snow– Son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen from Game of Thrones.
- Legolas– Sindar Elf of the Woodland Realm in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Loki– God of Mischief, from Marvel Comics.
- Mufasa– Simba’s father in the 1994 movie- The Lion King.
- Rambo– Character in the Rambo media franchise.
- Snuffleupagus– Giant anteater-like mammoth from Sesame Street.
- Tarzan– Archetypal feral child raised in the African jungle.
- Thor– Highly skilled Asgardian warrior, from Marvel Comics
- Wookiee– Hairy humanoid aliens in the Star Wars universe.
16 FemALE NAMES INSPIRED BY FICTIONAL CHARACTERS WITH LONG HAIR
- Ariel– Disney Princess from The Little Mermaid films and television series.
- Arwen– Half-elven daughter of Elrond from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Aurora– Disney Princess from Sleeping Beauty, one of the cutest Disney pet names.
- Barbie– Fashion doll manufactured by Mattel, Inc.
- Belle– Disney Princess from the Beauty and the Beast movies.
- Daenerys– One of the last surviving members of House Targaryen.
- Elsa– Daughter of King Agnarr and Queen Iduna from the Frozen movies.
- Gamora– Adopted daughter of Thanos from Marvel Comics.
- Jasmine– Disney Princess and daughter of The Sultan from the Aladdin movies.
- Lilo– Young, orphaned Hawaiian girl from the Lilo and Stitch films.
- Morticia– The matriarch of the Addams family has long black hair.
- Mulan– Disney Princess from the Mulan movies.
- Mystique– Supervillain X-Men mutant with the ability to shapeshift into anyone.
- Neytiri– Na’vi princess of the Omaticaya clan, from the 2009 movie- Avatar.
- Pocahontas– Disney Princess and daughter of Chief Powhatan, from Pocahontas.
- Rapunzel– Disney Princess with magical long hair, from the Tangled films.
16 MALE NAMES INSPIRED BY Hair Care Brands
- Biolage– brand of natural hair care and hair styling products.
- Breck– Brand of shampoo.
- Conair– an American company that sells beauty and hair care products.
- Garnier– Mass market cosmetics brand, specializing in hair care products.
- John Frieda– Collection of hair care products.
- Johnny B– Line of high-quality men’s grooming products.
- Keune– Line of professional hair products.
- Kitsch– Brand of designer hair products.
- Nexxus– Brand of salon quality hair products.
- Oribe– Brand of luxury hair products.
- Palmer– (Palmer’s)- One of the longest-standing skin and hair care brands.
- Paul Mitchell– Brand of salon-quality hair products and styling tools.
- Pert– Brand of shampoo and conditioner.
- Remington– Personal care brand that manufactures electric shavers, hair clippers, and hair care products.
- Schwarzkopf– German brand of hair styling products.
- Suave– Brand of personal care products, including hair care and hair styling products.
16 FeMALE NAMES INSPIRED BY HAIR CARE BRANDS
- Aussie– International brand of hair care and styling products.
- Aveda– American cosmetics, hair care, hair color, and skincare products company.
- Babyliss– Brand of professional hair styling tools.
- Clairol– Personal care brand, specializing in hair care and hair coloring products.
- Goody– Brand of hair styling tools and accessories.
- Joico– International brand of salon hair care and hair color products.
- Kerastase– French luxury hair care line.
- L’Oreal– The international personal care company, concentrating on hair care.
- Mielle– Brand of organic hair care products.
- Pantene– brand of hair care products.
- Redken– American haircare brand.
- Revlon– an American company, focusing on cosmetics and hair products.
- Scunci– Brand of hair accessories.
- Tresemme– American brand of hair care products.
- Wella– German hair care company.
- Wen– American haircare brand.
What are your favorite names for black and long haired guinea pigs? Share with us below!
Deanna is a passionate animal lover. She is the mom of several guinea pigs and sugar gliders.
When she’s not writing, Deanna loves listening to country music, or watching Dancing With The Stars.
Read her : Latest Articles
FIND HER ON: FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN and