Looking for some funny food names for guinea pigs?
Given how much they love to eat, it’s definitely a clever way to go!
Below, we’ve come up with 100 top guinea pig names for all guinea pig breeds, personalities, and colors!
Take a look!
Male Guinea Pig Food Names
- Acai – after one of the cutest berries.
- Apple – a classic, and he may even love apples!
- Bagel – can you think of a cuter name?
- Basil – this is actually the Greek word for ‚royal.’
- Berry – beautiful name for an American guinea pig.
- Blintz – after the delicious cheese desert
- Bon Bon – after one of the oldest type of candy.
- Brûlée – because your guinea pig is deliciously cute!
- Bundt – what if your guinea pig is actually chubby like a bundt?
- Caesar – after many people’s favorite dish!
- Chai – this is the Hindi word for ‚tea.’
- Cherry – great name for a Rex guinea pig.
- Chive – a very popular spice, but also used to say ‚keep calm!’
- Churro – delicious name for your guinea pig.
- Clementine – beautiful name for an orange guinea pig.
- Coconut – for a perfectly brown guinea pig.
- Crumpet – after one of the most popular pancakes.
- Currant – for a very exotic and tiny guinea pig.
- Curry – for the little one spicing up your life.
- Dill – great name for a European guinea pig.
- Djon – the perfect name for a black guinea pig.
- Fig – one of the cutest names for guinea pigs.
- Goji – this is a great name for a Tortoiseshell guinea pig.
- Graham – great name for a spotted guinea pig.
- Honeydew – if you have a Peruvian guinea pig, this is the perfect name.
- Jelly – perfect name for a very playful furball.
- Kiwi – for an exotic guinea pig.
- Kumquat – beautiful name for your exotic little friend.
- Mango – perfect name for an orange guinea pig
- Melon – in case your furry friend is really chubby.
- Nutmeg – the cutest name for a brown guinea pig.
- Papaya – beautiful name for a guinea pig with many colors.
- Peaches – a perfect name for the cutest guinea pig out there.
- Pear – maybe your guinea pig really loves pears.
- Persimmon – a very cute and fancy name for your tiny friend.
- Pina – if you have a golden guinea pig, this is the perfect name.
- Pineapple – for a golden guinea pig.
- Plum – beautiful name for a black guinea pig.
- Pluot – a special food name for a special guinea pig.
- Pollen – this can be a funny name if one of your friends is allergic to your furball.
- Raisin – for the cutest and tiniest guinea pig.
- Rye – after one of the healthiest grains.
- Saffron – after one of the most expensive spices.
- Sage – after one of the best spices.
- Salt – what would your life be without him?
- Sriracha – after an all-time favorite!
- Thyme – a very cool name for your furball!
- Tomato – in case your guinea pig is easily startled.
- Turmeric – after one of the most special spices.
- Wasabi – for the little furball full of surprises.
Related: 100 American Guinea Pig Names
Food Names For Female Guinea Pigs
- Ackee – a West African fruit
- Aji – after the Peruvian sauce.
- Apple – especially good if your guinea pig loves apples.
- Biscuit – or maybe she is delicious as a biscuit.
- Butter – because she’s golden like butter!
- Butterscotch – after one of the sweetest things on the planet!
- Caramel – great name for a golden brown guinea pig.
- Caviar – because she’s precious, isn’t she?
- Cayenne – for a very unique pattern.
- Cinnamon – best name for a brown guinea pig.
- Clove – maybe your guinea pig is mischievous.
- Cobbler – perfect name for a delicious furball!
- Cocoa – perfect name for a brown guinea pig.
- Cookie – delicious name for your cutie.
- Crepe – such a fancy name for a guinea pig!
- Cupcake – best name for the cutest cupcake!
- Custard – probably the best dessert!
- Donut – can be with or without chocolate!
- Fajita – who doesn’t actually like fajitas?
- Gelato – great name for the funniest guinea pig.
- Ginger – great name for a red haired guinea pig.
- Godiva – after the best chocolate.
- Guava – just in care she has an exotic personality.
- Hershey – great chocolate for a great guinea pig!
- Honey – be it sweet or golden, she’s the best!
- Jasmine – is there anyone who doesn’t like jasmine?
- Kimchi – after the Korean recipe!
- Lasagna – coincidentally, it was Garfield’s favorite food.
- Lavender – who said guinea pigs shouldn’t smell nice?
- Licorice – because she’s cute like that.
- Lime – because she doesn’t always have to be sweet.
- Mochi – the dessert that’s good in any shape!
- Mousse – because she’s soft like that!
- Muffin – because she is cute like a muffin.
- Nectar – for one of the sweetest guinea pigs.
- Noodle – for a guinea pig that’s hiding all the time!
- Nutella – is there anyone who doesn’t like Nutella?
- Paella – after the delicious Spanish desert.
- Pancake – this one’s a classic, right?
- Penne – after the most popular type of pasta.
- Pina – for a golden guinea pig.
- Pita – for the one always hiding around your house.
- Pudding – and it can come in any flavor!
- Rosemary – can you think of a cuter name?
- Scone – delicious name for your furball!
- Spice – because she will indeed spice up your life.
- Sugar – is your guinea pig the sweetest?
- Sushi – does your guinea pig like to hide all the time?
- Taffy – a very tasty name for your guinea pig!
- Vanilla – for a pure white guinea pig.
Check: Do Guinea Pigs Know Their Names?
Well, choosing a good moniker for your cavy can be challenging, but this list of funny food names for guinea pigs should make it easier!
Oh, and while we’re talking food, check out this list of what to feed your guinea pig! It’s the one that we always use when shopping for our cavies!
What are some of your favorite funny food names for guinea pigs? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own mom blog.
Find her on