Rabbits are amazing creatures. If you have ever had the pleasure of having one run around in your home, then you know that they are playful and mischievous.
How many times have you had to fish one out from under the sofa or stop one from chewing on any fabric in its way?
Just like dogs and cats, rabbits are a part of your family, and you want to treat them as such. You can give your rabbit somewhere safe to stay with a professional rabbit house.
We went in search of the best bunny houses for our furry little friends, looking for a great mix between functionality and affordability.
The design of the houses gave us a lot to think about, and we finally settled on our five favorites. Below you’ll find our top picks with longer reviews below the table.
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
Also Check: The Best Bedding for Rabbits
Top Indoor Rabbit Cages at a Glance
These are my top favorite rabbit cages and I’ve made a quick summary to compare.
- Krolik Extra-Large Rabbit Cage w/ Wood Hutch Extenstion – Can house multiple rabbits
- Midwest Homes for Pets Deluxe Rabbit & Guinea Pig Cage, X-Large, White & Red– Easy to assemble and disassemble
- 37″ Homey Pet Heavy Duty Metal Open Top Cage w/ Floor Grid, Casters and Tray – Removable litter tray
- Midwest Wabbitat Folding Rabbit Cage – Long-lasting finish
- Kennel-Aire “A” Frame Bunny House, Multi, 29.5×16.5×24 Inch (Pack of 1) – Caster wheels on the bottom
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
Top 5 Indoor Rabbit Cages You Should Check! (Review)
This is an excellent bunny cage  that benefits from having three distinct areas for your bunny.
On one side, you have a well-presented wooden home. There is a spacious play area in the middle, and at the other end is an eating area.
We like that the little sleeping area looks like a wooden home. It has a homely shape with a sloped roof, a door on one end, and stylishly cut designs to let the light in and your bunny see out.
Your furry little pet will love to curl up inside this sleeping area and will feel safe and secure when they are inside.
The middle area is spacious and bright, allowing your bunny to run around inside  (or multiple bunnies to play together).
The food areas are here, too, with an elevated area for a food bowl, space on the side of the cage for hay, and an included water bottle that can be strapped to the side of the cage.
Keeping the food separate from the bottom of the cage is a great way to ensure that the food does not become contaminated (bunnies like to poop and mark their territory, especially in new cages).
The only thing that this cage is lacking is a removable bottom tray.
There is a large door that you can open to get into the cage, and the top can be removed from the base, but a removable tray would have made it a little easier to clean.
|55” x 23” x 20”|
|Large, space-saving design|
|Easy to clean|
|Easy to assemble|
|Separate areas for sleeping, eating and playing|
|Sleeping area is well-designed|
|Food tray is elevated from the floor||No removable tray in the bottom|
|Includes accessories||Natural wood can splinter over time|
|Packs up flat|
|Great for travel|
|Wide front opening|
|Can house multiple rabbits|
- Perfect Rabbit Cage Starter Kit w/ Wood Hutch Extension | Rabbit cage includes large water bottle, feeding bowl, hay feeder, elevated feeding area ideal for rabbits, guinea pigs or chinchillas
- Extra-Extra-Large Living Space | Rabbit cage measures 55.9L x 23.62W x 19.7H inches & includes a wood hutch ideal for nesting that creates a private living quarters for your pet
- Easy Maintenance Rabbit Cage | Krolik features a 5.5" deep base to contain litter & entire base of the rabbit cage detaches for cleaning or dumping of litter / debris
- Convenient Access | Full front door provides quick access inside the rabbit cage; wood hutch features a locking top panel w/ full access
Make sure to check our separate review of the best rabbit hutches and cages.
This cage comes with everything your bunny needs to feel safe and at home.
There is enough space for your bunny to run around and play separate feeding areas, and even a secret enclosure your bunny can go to when they want some privacy.
The cage is large enough for your bunny to hop and run around in. You also have an elevated feeding area so that any bunny waste cannot contaminate the food.
The cage comes with an area for hay and a detachable water bottle. We like that the elevated food tray features a space underneath for your bunny to hide away if they want some privacy.
The cage could use a removable litter tray but remains easy to clean with multiple entry points into the cage and the option to remove the top of the cage from the base.
Open the large doors to get into the food, litter, or just to give your bunny a scratch behind the ears.
|47” x 23” x 20”|
|Ample space for multiple rabbits|
|Extensions can be bought to extend the cage|
|5.5” deep base for litter|
|It can be used for more than just rabbits|
|Accessories included||The plastic pieces can be flimsy|
|Multiple access points||No removable litter tray|
|Easy to assemble and disassemble|
|Elevated food area|
- Rabbit cage includes free hay feeder, water bottle, feeding bowl & elevated feeding area, Ideal for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs & Chinchillas
- XL Rabbit Cage measures 47.16 L x 23.62 W x 19.68 H inches providing a large living space & maximum comfort
- Rabbit Cage features 5.5" deep base to contain litter & convenient top/side door access
- Rabbit cage is compatible with both extensions to create an even larger living space (wire: 158WEX or wood hutch: 158HEX)
- No tools required for assembly & Rabbit Cage includes a 1-Year manufacturer's warranty
READ MORE: Best Rabbit Pens
If you have ever had a problem with cages breaking or coming apart, then this is the cage for you. You will never again have to worry about your lovely bunny gnawing through parts of its home  again.
The bars are solid metal and coated with a non-toxic finish to protect your pet and keep them safely inside the enclosure. We like that you can stack the cages, having multiple pets in the same floor space.
The addition of a removable litter tray is also something we like. You can clean up the brunt of your bunnies’ mess without removing them from the cage.
This cage is as strong as it gets and heavy because of this. It is harder to lift and move than other bunny cages but has lockable caster wheels on the bottom, so it has some maneuverability.
|37” x 22” x 31″|
|Cage is on casters for easy travel|
|Top opens for easy access|
|Floor grids can be removed for cleaning|
|Removable litter tray|
- STACKABLE Cage; Size: L37"xW22"xH31"; Side Bar Space: 1", Floor Grid Bar Space: 0.48"; fits for dogs/animals up to 70lbs
- Open top makes it easier to put your dog/animal in and out
- Lockable casters provide more convenience to move the cage. Floor grid keeps your pet clean and dry
- All metal heavy duty design with safety auto lock design; Nontoxic finished surface
- Ultra strong pull out tray for easy cleaning. Tray can also fit inside the cage for better protection on pet's feet
This cage will fit perfectly into any home, saving space and providing your bunny with a place to sleep and eat.
The mesh guard at the bottom of the cage will be awkward for tiny padded feet, so make sure to add a lot of cushioning for your bunny to walk around on.
As any waste is collected, it will start to fall through the grates and onto the removable tray underneath. When it comes time to clean, you can remove the tray, dispose of the waste, and replace the tray.
You also have two doors to access the cage, allowing you to clean the inside easily.
The metal bars have an Electrocoat finish making it safe if your bunny chooses to gnaw on it and strong enough to hold up to any repeated chewing: a strong and secure cage for your bunny.
|37” x 19” x 20”|
|Folds up and down in seconds|
|Multiple access points|
|Can open cage with one hand|
|Urine splash guard|
|Folds for storage or travel||Metal grate needs to be padded with hay or pellets.|
|Removable little tray|
- Sets Up Complete in Seconds, No Tools Needed ; Approx. 37L x 19W x 20H
- Unique Design Provides Versatile Top and Front Door Access
- Secure Slide Latch Allows for One-Handed Door Operation
- Easy to Slide Out and Clean Front Access Durable Plastic Pan
- 1/2 inch Grid Mesh Floor Supports and Hygienically Protects Rabbits Hocks
This bunny cage has a retro elegance to it. Your bunny will love being inside of it, and you will love the look of it in your home.
The cage is easy to clean but could benefit from a larger litter tray. Cleaning is easy with two access points to the cage and a removable litter tray.
Take the tray out, dump it, sanitize it, and replace it.
The only problem is that the little tray does not cover the entire cage, and there can be times when bunny waste can make it over the side, though this is rare.
The cage is strong and light but still has wheels on the bottom for easy maneuverability.
The cage is collapsible, too, folding down in seconds for easy storage or transport — a great cage that looks unlike any other.
|29” x 16” x 24”|
|Unique A-frame design|
|Easy to move|
|Easy to assemble|
|Can be used for other pets too|
|Durable and strong||The litter tray could be bigger.|
|Removable litter tray|
|Caster wheels on the bottom|
|Two points of entry|
- A-frame bunny house: The kennel for Bunnies is made of strong metal wire has a slide-out plastic pan for easy cleaning Also accommodates guinea pigs, hedgehogs other small animals Easy to assemble
- Metal pet kennel: this heavy-duty kennel for small pets has heavy-duty caster wheels for easy movement placement around your home Rabbit enclosure also features top front doors for easy access
- Kennels houses: crate kennel training is vital for dog safety comfort We provide traditional travel carriers, wire training exercise kennels, play pens, barn-style dog houses more
- Petmate: for over 50 years, We at Petmate are passionate about our dogs, cats furry friends in general Starting with the very first dog kennel, we've produced plenty of eco-friendly products that pets will love
- Just for pets: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens other small furry friends Check out our brands such as Aspen pet, arm Hammer, booda, Chuckit, Jackson Galaxy more
What do you think about these five best indoor rabbits’ cages? Which one is your favorite? Share your opinion in the comment section.
1. petMD. What’s the Perfect Rabbit Cage Setup? | petMD [Internet]. Petmd.com. 2018. Available from: https://www.petmd.com/rabbit/care/whats-perfect-rabbit-cage-setup
2. The Complete Guide to Rabbits [Internet]. www.petmd.com. [cited 2022 Jan 25]. Available from: https://www.petmd.com/rabbit/general-health/complete-guide-rabbits
3. GNAWING BLOCKS IN RABBIT CAGES: IMPACT ON THE BEHAVIOUR AND PERFORMANCE OF DOES AND FATTENING RABBITS [Internet]. 2012 p. 1051–5. Available from: http://www.world-rabbit-science.com/WRSA-Proceedings/Congress-2012-Egypt/Papers/06-Ethology/E-Bignon-02.pdf
Alina Hartley is a small-town girl with a ginormous love of bearded dragons. It all started with Winchester, a baby bearded who was abandoned at the shelter by his former owners because of a birth defect that caused one front leg to be shorter than the other. Alina originally went to the shelter looking for a guinea pig, but one look at Winchester and it was love at first sight. From that day on, Alina has dedicated her life to learning everything she can about bearded dragons. She loves helping new beardie parents start their incredible journey with these magnificent reptiles.
Follow her on:
Read her latest articles HERE
Learn more about her HERE.