Looking for the perfect sugar glider water bottle to help create an ideal cage setup?
You’ve made an intelligent decision by clicking on this article!
I’ve rounded up six high-quality options that’ll suit most owners’ needs.
Start with the comparison table for a quick guide; then read on for in-depth reviews and recommendations.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
6 Best Sugar Glider Water Bottles
Let’s take a closer look at our expert-chosen sugar glider water bottles to see which ones are great to complete your best sugar glider cage!
You won’t find a more convenient option than Choco Nose’s H125 Patented No Drip Water Bottle.
Its screw-on bracket ensures anyone can do the installation with ease.
You’ll also love the water bottle’s placement on a cage.
As one customer put it, “I absolutely love that it sits on the outside of the cage for easy access. No more glider pee on the water bottle!”
I’m pretty sure that’s something we can all get behind.
|Screw-on bracket allows for simple installation||Slight concerns about durability|
|Leak-proof design||Packaging issues|
|Silent no-drip operation|
|Multiple appealing color schemes|
|The water bottle sits outside the cage|
Aside from its easy installation and outer access, you’ll adore its leak-proof and silent operation.
These aspects will keep any nearby bedding from getting wet while preventing you from losing any sleeping from its usage.
However, its plastic design is a bit more flimsy than you’d like.
But its convenience level alone makes it worthy of a place on your consideration list.
- Why Choco Nose Water Bottle? Are You Tired of Changing the Wet Bedding for Your Pet Cage? This Is The Best Small Pet Water Bottle For Your Beloved Pets. Providing A Wet-Free and Mess-Free Living Area For Your Furry Kids Is Very Essential. Choco Nose U.S. Patented Leakproof Nozzle Can Prevent Water Leakage Effectively. Our Innovative Design Allows Your Pets to Enjoy Clean and Fresh Water While Keeping Your Home Clean and Dry.
- Mini-sized nozzle (10mm) is perfect for small animals, especially for Hamster/ Hedgehog/ Sugar Glider/ Rat/ Mice.
- User Friendly Screw-on bracket: Simple and easy installation. You can easily snap the Water Bottle on or off for cleaning and refilling water.
- Nail-on bracket: It may also be nailed to the wall or wooden furniture with screws. Eco-Idea: Pet owner can switch our bottle to most regular sized PET bottles (Soda Bottle).
- Important Instruction: Please check the water bottle daily and after every refill by tapping the metal ball inside the nozzle to ensure water coms out. The water bottle is ready to use when air bubbles occur as you tap the metal ball.
The CapeCodHedgehogs Small Animal Water Bottles values pet safety over everything else with its design.
You won’t have to worry about teeth or tongue injuries like with traditional pet water bottles.
It’ll keep their oral health issues and your vet bills to a minimum.
Their adorable pattern choices and effortless setup won’t hurt matters, either.
You even get a choice of hanger type, metal hook or metal wire, to ensure it meshes with your cage.
|Several adorable design patterns||Slow shipping speeds|
|Easy to setup|
|Wide-opening for simple cleaning|
|Buyers can choose hanger type|
Its attention to pet safety more than makes this water bottle meriting your time. But it becomes impossible to dismiss this option when you also throw in several cute design patterns and an easy cleaning method.
I only wish you didn’t have to deal with slow shipping speeds. However, I bet you won’t have much issue waiting around for top-tier quality like this product.
Kordon’s SOA80304 Small Animal Water Bottle Set hassle-free design makes it one of the most versatile options out there.
It comes with a powder-coated holder and a 4 oz bell bottle to cover all your needs.
Both these aspects make slipping this water bottle into your glider’s habitat a breeze.
This bottle’s durable crystal styrene construction will then ensure it stays there for a long time.
|Durable crystal styrene bottle||Noise level is an issue|
|Easy to refill|
|Equipped with hold guard and 4-ounce bell bottle|
|Made in the USA|
You won’t be complaining much about having this water bottle in your life. It’ll excel with its adaptable design and leak-proof capabilities in almost any situation.
But a few customers did report noise level issues. The bottle seems to have a rattling problem, which could be a problem in close quarters.
If you don’t sleep in a room near your sugar gliders, there’s not a single other reason to choose another option.
- 100% Quality driven Made in the USA. You will receive 1 bottle of any color (assorted color)
- Dedicated to creating a better environment for your pet
- Safety Guaranteed, Don't settle for Less, Use Kordon
- SM ANIMAL WATER BOTTLES & ETC
If you’re looking for a water bottle with a larger storage capacity, RentACoop No Drip Small Animal Water Bottle is your ideal choice.
It’s a 32 oz water bottle that helps lessen your need to refill it constantly.
Those refilling experiences will also be effortless because of its flip-cap cover.
You’ll benefit from it attaching outside a cage rather than inside it, as well.
It’ll help save your water bottle from a glider’s chewing and them peeing on the bottle itself.
|32 oz water bottle||Durability concerns|
|Made with BPA-free plastic materials|
|Attaches outside of the cage|
|Flip-cap cover allows for easy refilling|
This water bottle’s larger capacity does make your life much easier. Plus, the chew-proof nozzle and exterior attachment ensure its ideal for a sugar glider’s habitat.
It does have a reputation for breaking down a little earlier than expected, though. These issues seem to be for larger pets, such as rats, but it’s still worth mentioning.
Most sugar glider owners end up delighted by how it performs and its overall quality. I would have complete confidence in this water bottle being a suitable fit within most glider habitats.
- 🐹 CHEW-PROOF! Suitable for small animals (rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, chinchillas, hamsters, rats, mice, etc.) that would usually chew through anything plastic.
- 🐁 WATER STAYS CLEAN! No backflow into the waterer. Fresh clean water for your pets every day!
- 🦔 EASY! EASY! EASY! Drinker easily attaches to outside of cage. Flip-cap cover on drinker allows for easy refill; just fill from the top! Water level is viewable from the outside through the plastic. No need to remove drinker from cage!!!
- 🐰 INCLUDES One 1L(32oz) BPA-Free food-grade plastic waterer, flip-cap cover, chew-resistant nozzle, universal fit spring clip, wire bracket, instructions and the world’s best customer service in case you have any additional questions!
- 🐭 BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Here to answer any questions you may have.
The Lixit Glass Water Bottles has been a favorite among sugar glider owners for years.
It isn’t hard to see why as this product is our most durable option.
You can attribute this distinction to its heavy-duty glass construction and stainless steel drinking tube.
Both these design aspects will have no trouble handling whatever a sugar glider can throw at them.
Lixit offers a sizable amount of buying options, too, which is always an excellent touch.
|Heavy-duty glass construction||Cap is a hassle to put on|
|Stainless steel drinking tube for easy cleaning|
|Four buying options|
|Attaches outside the cage|
|Easily installs onto wire cages|
The product’s durability and various sizing options should appeal to any sugar glider owner. It only gets more enticing when you throw in the stainless steel drinking tube.
It’ll ensure keeping your glider’s water fresh and bacteria-free becomes effortless. Your glider’s habitat should be much safer with this product in it.
Don’t sleep on the included mounting spring, either. Installation is a piece of cake on any wire cage with this additional aspect.
I do have to mention a few customers had issues with the product’s cap, though. It’s a minor hassle that could provide some frustration, but it shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
- CHEW PROOF: The Lixit glass water bottle is chew proof, keeping harmful plastic away from your animal
- GREAT FOR MANY ANIMALS: Rabbits, ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, and birds can all use this glass water bottle!
- EASY INSTALL: This bottle easily attaches to wire cages, so it's quick to remove for refilling
- EASY TO CLEAN: Lixit glass water bottles have a stainless steel drinking tube can be easily sanitized
- ASSEMBLY: Assembled in the USA by Adults with Disabilities
Our final option, Exotic Nutrition Hanging Glass Water Bottle, is fully equipped to handle any sugar glider habitat with ease.
Its glass construction will even stop the most chew-happy glider from causing it damage.
You’ll also adore its floating refill reminder, which will always keep you updated.
Cleaning this water bottle couldn’t be easier as it’s dishwasher-safe.
What more could you want in a sugar glider water bottle for cages usage?
|Glass construction for chewing prevention||Removing it from the cage can be tricky|
|Equipped with floating refill reminder ball|
|Quick install on any wired cage|
|Two size options|
I can’t envision a single aspect a person could want that this doesn’t offer. Its easy installation, high convenience level, multiple size options, and simple cleaning process are hard to beat.
You can even point to its glass construction being extremely durable. There’s no reason to believe it won’t reside inside your glider’s cage for many years.
The only significant issue was removing it can be a little tricky. Its hook tends to get caught on the cage’s bars.
But this issue is a lesser inconvenience and shouldn’t stop anyone from buying this product. You aren’t going to find better.
- ✔ HEALTHY - The glass prevents residual or airborne bacteria contamination
- ✔ DURABLE - The stainless steel drinking tube and cap is perfect for chewing animals like guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, prairie dogs, degus, rats, birds and other small pets.
- ✔ EASY TO CLEAN - All components sterilize safely in the dishwasher
- ✔ SECURE - Features rubber stopper and stainless steel, ball-point vacuum tube to prevent spillage and evaporation
- ✔ FAST, FREE SHIPPING in USA! Avg 3 days! ZooPro sells exotic animal food and accessories that are manufactured by Exotic Nutrition Pet Supply Company. Exotic Nutrition has been the industry leader of exotic animal products since 1998, specializing in sugar gliders, hedgehogs, prairie dogs, marmosets, degus, skunks, opossums, chinchillas, rats, hamsters, gerbils, squirrels, rabbits, guinea pigs, rodents, ferrets, chickens, bluebirds, wild birds, monkeys, marsupials, reptiles, amphibians & more
How to Get Sugar Glider to Drink Water and Stay Hydrated
Keeping a sugar glider hydrated is an essential part of owning one. After all, a “sugar glider can totally dehydrate and die in as little as 12 hours.”
I’m going to discuss dehydration more in a little bit. But if you give them constant access to freshwater, it shouldn’t be much of an issue.
Placing a water bottle, bowl, or both inside their cage should be enough. Please replace the water daily to ensure cleanliness.
How to Get Sugar Glider to Drink from the Bottle
Getting a glider to use a water bottle can be tricky. Some like to exhibit a certain level of stubbornness when it comes to these cage accessories.
If your gliders are being a little hesitant, I’d suggest putting a bit of 100% apple or cranberry juice into the water. Gliders are known for their love of sugar, and it’ll entice them into using the bottle.
But it’s essential to lower the amount each night to avoid obesity issues. Obesity happens to be a massive problem among captive sugar gliders.
Another popular method is putting a bit of honey or yogurt on the ball. It’ll make them want to use the bottle as a way of getting to the treat.
You then remove the incentive when the glider gets used to using it. It’s a simple way of tricking them into doing what you want.
Water bottle or Water Bowl: Quick Answer
Bottles are the cleaner, safer choice over water bowls for sugar glider owners. Water bowls represent a safe and health hazard as gliders like to stand in them when drinking.
This situation offers two problematic issues that could lead to a tragic situation. Your first problem is sugar gliders aren’t the cleanest animal on our planet.
If they’re standing inside their water bowl, it’ll become excessively dirty and gross. It’s not something that you want your pet to drink out of it for cleanliness reasons.
They also might pee inside the dish, which pollutes their water supply even more. It ends up being a cesspool that requires endless refills to keep fresh.
The second, more essential issue is gliders run the risk of becoming soaked or even drowning. Obviously, neither situation is conducive to keeping your glider healthy.
You’re better off sticking with a water bottle to avoid these issues entirely.
How to Avoid Dehydration in Sugar Gliders
Avoiding dehydration is a simple matter of keeping an eye on your gliders. But the first thing to realize is you won’t often see them drink water.
It’s an unlikely occurrence because these pets don’t drink much of it. Most of their fluid intake will come from fruits, a primary dietary requirement for these pets.
As a result, you might not be seeing them drink, but it still likely happening. This situation can become an annoyance for anxious owners.
It makes knowing the physical signs of dehydration crucial. Here’s a little breakdown of what symptoms to expect from a dehydrated glider.
Notable signs of Dehydration
- Dry mouth and nose
- Loose skin
- Sunken eyes
- Abnormal breathing
- Lack of energy
Unfortunately, these signs won’t always be apparent. You must know how to check their hydration level and do it regularly.
How to Determine a Sugar Glider’s Dehydrated
There’s an easy test to check whether there’s a dehydration issue: pinch the back of their necks. If it stays up like a tent, it means they’re dehydrated and need fluids fast.
Your next step is visiting a vet (preferred method) or feeding them “water with glucose mixed with Gatorade or a non-carbonated isotonic drink. 1 water to 1 glucose mixture ratio.” You’ll learn more about whether Gatorade is the best option to use in a little bit.
Sugar Glider Water Bottle FAQs
Below are some of our readers’ most asked questions about sugar glider water bottles.
We’ll provide a quick answer for each to dive right into the teeth of these discussions.
Can sugar gliders have sugar water?
Bottled water or spring water is recommended for their water consumption. If they’re dehydrated or another emergency occurs, Pedialyte or Gatorade is acceptable.
Can sugar gliders drink tap water?
Most experts advise against using tap water as it can be dangerous and even potentially fatal. While the added mineral and chemicals may be safe for humans, they’re not approved for small pets. Stick with bottled or spring water.
Can sugar gliders drink gatorade?
Gatorade is only an acceptable option when a glider’s dehydrated. Even then, most owners use it as a substitute when Pedialyte isn’t available.
Our Top Pick
These discussions should’ve provided clarity about what sugar glider water bottle best suits your situation.
But if you have any more questions, let me know in our comment section. Thanks for reading!
Which is your favorite sugar glider water bottle? please share with us below!
My name is Ben Roberts, and I absolutely love animals. So, naturally, I love writing about them too! As far as my animals, I have a Pit-bull, a Beagle-lab mix, a Chihuahua, and one old cat. Each one of them provides me with a new adventure every day. And the best part is they’re all best friends. Well, except the cat when he gets a little annoyed.