Choosing pig-themed names for your guinea pig is such a fun idea!
Okay, so they’re not related to actual pigs in any way, but still, cute, right?
If you need some inspiration, check out our favorite ideas below.
We have plenty each for male and female cavies!
Check: 50 Black and White Guinea Pig Names
Pig Themed Names for Your Guinea Pig
Like I said, while guinea pigs are not related to pigs at all, choosing a pig themed name is a cool idea.
You can choose names that are clever, cute, funny, punny and/or silly.
We have a little of each below, plus pig themed names from literature and movies! Take a look!
Check: Guinea Pig Superhero Names
MALE PIG-RELATED NAMES
- Albert Sweinstein– A pun on the name Albert Einstein, the famous German theoretical physicist.
- Bacon– Bacon does come from pigs, after all.
- Barrow– A male pig who was castrated before puberty.
- Berkshire- A breed of pig that originated in South East England’s Berkshire county. They are all black in color, except for white on their feet and snout.
- Boar– A male pig of breeding age.
- Chorizo– A spicy Spanish pork sausage.
- Curly– Like a pig’s tail.
- Duroc– A breed of domestic pig that was first bred in the U.S. in 1812. They are large-framed, muscular and orangish-brown in color.
- Ham Solo– A pun on the name Han Solo, the fictional character in the Star Wars media franchise.
- Jimmy Dean– The creator of the Jimmy Dean sausage brand.
- Oinkers- Because pigs make an “oink” sound.
- Piggie Smalls– A pun on the name Biggie Smalls, the famous rapper, who is also known as The Notorious B.I.G.
- Porkchop– According to the Collins English Dictionary, a pork chop is “a small cut of pork containing part of a rib bone.”
- Shoat– A young, male, newly weaned pig. One of the cutest names for guinea pigs male.
- Sparerib– According to Wikipedia, a sparerib is a pork rib “cut from the lower portion of the pig specifically the belly and breastbone, behind the shoulder, and include 11 to 13 long bones.”
- Stag– A male pig who was castrated when he was older.
- Tamworth– A breed of domestic pig that originated in the large market town of Tamworth in the United Kingdom.
- Alpha Pig– From the children’s show, Super Why.
- Arnold Ziffel– Arnold Ziffel is a character in the sitcom- Green Acres.
- Babe– The title pig in the hit family film franchise, Babe.
- Gordy– The title character and talking piglet from the movie Gordy.
- Hamilton Hocks– From the kid’s show, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast.
- Hamm– Hamm is a character in the Toy Story movies. He’s actually a piggy bank!
- Huxley– The adventurous title character in British kids’ show Huxley Pig.
- Julius Strangepork– One of the “Pigs in Space” from The Muppet Show.
- Link Hogthrob-The Swinetrek spaceship captain in the “Pigs in Space” skits.
- Padrig– The day from Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks.
- Porky Pig– The most popular cartoon pig, he’s from the Looney Tunes franchise
- Runt of the Litter– Runt of the Litter is actually the name Chicken Little’s piggy pal!
- Spider Pig– Spider Pig aka Plopper, is Homer Simpson’s pet pig.
- Tattoo-From the Secret Life of Pets, and a member of The Flushed Pets.
- Waddles– From the hit series Gravity Falls. He is the pet pig of Mabel Pines.
- Little Pig Robinson– Title character The Tale of Little Pig Robinson by Beatrix Potter.
- Napoleon– The head of the pigs at Manor Farm in Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- Peter Porkchops- The hilariously funny pig star of his own comic book series- Peter Porkchops.
- Piglet– From the Winnie the Pooh franchise of books, he’s Pooh’s best pal.
- Pigling Bland– Title character The Tale of Pigling Bland by Beatrix Potter.
- Poppleton– Title character in the Poppleton book series by Cynthia Rylant.
- Rasher– Rasher is the pet pig of Dennis the Menace.
- Spider-Ham– AKA Peter Porker, is a funny animal parody of Spider-Man.
- Squealer– Napoleon’s second in command in Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- Wilbur– From Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White, he’s one of the most beloved pigs of all time.
FEMALE PIG-RELATED NAMES
- Amy Swinehouse– A pun on the name Amy Winehouse, the popular singer.
- Bratwurst– A type of German sausage that is made from pork.
- Chicharron– A popular Mexican snack made from fried pork belly or fried pork rinds.
- Duchess of Pork– A pun on the name Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson.
- Gilt– A young female pig who hasn’t been bred yet.
- Hampshire– A domestic pig with a wide, white band around the middle of the body.
- Hereford– A breed of domestic pig that is red in color, except for its face, which is white in color.
- Jennifer Lopig– A pun on the name Jennifer Lopez, the famous actress, dancer and singer.
- Little Orphan Hammie– A pun on the name Little Orphan Annie, the popular daily comic strip and movies.
- Pancetta– An Italian cured belly of pork.
- Piggy Azalea– A pun on the name Iggy Azalea, the popular Australian singer.
- Pinky– Pink, like a pig’s snout.
- Porkahontas– A pun on the name Pocahontas, the notable Native American woman.
- Porkypine– A play on words for porcupine.
- Sow- A breeding female pig who has had her first litter.
- Squeaker– Pigs make a squeaking/squealing sound.
- Tenderloin– Pork tenderloin is a long, thin cut of pork.
- Yorkshire– A breed of domestic pig found in nearly every U.S. state.
- Annie Sue– Annie Sue is a character in The Muppet Show.
- Courtney– From Angry Birds 2, she is Leonard Mudbeard’s new piggy assistant.
- Elly– The mom from Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks.
- Lutrella-One of the The Oinker Sisters, a trio of singing pigs in Sesame Street.
- Miss Piggy– From the Muppet Show, she is a sassy, bossy, & funny prima-donna pig.
- Noelle– The pet pig of Suzanne Sugarbaker in Designing Women.
- Peppa– Title character from the British animated, television series.
- Petunia– Petunia Pig is an animated character from Looney Tunes.
- Pigby– A pot-bellied pig who befriends Olive Snook in Pushing Daisies.
- Rosita– In Sing, she’s the music-loving mother of 25 piglets!
- Sputnik– Sputnik is a character in the children’s, animated television series- Astroblast.
- Aunt Pettitoes– An old sow from The Tale of Pigling Bland by Beatrix Potter.
- Empress of Blandings– From Blandings Castle book series, by P. G. Wodehouse.
- Hen Wen– A white sow from The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander.
- Mercy– The porcine wonder appears in Mercy Watson by Kate DiCamillo.
- Miss Dorcas– Another one from The Tale of Little Pig Robinson by Beatrix Potter.
- Miss Porcas– Also from The Tale of Little Pig Robinson.
- Pig Wig– The beautiful black sow appears in The Tale of Pigling Bland by Beatrix Potter.
- Star Looker– Aka Shouter, she appears in the Ender’s Game series, by Orson Scott Card.
What are some of your favorite pig themed names for guinea pigs? Share below!